Last updated Saturday, February 5, 2011 at 9:49AM
1996 | soprano/piano
Two settings of William Carlos Williams, about 2 minutes total.
Some newer editions may already have these corrections.
To A Poor Old Woman
- The measure numbers starting on p. 3 are incorrect. These will be fixed in the new printed copy.
- m. 11 (incorrectly numbered m. 22), the last note of the piano part should be written enharmonically as an A flat.
- Regarding the line "to the one half sucked out in her hand"..... the line layout in the original poem indicates to me that it is one half of a plum that is "sucked out in her hand." Not a plum that is "half-sucked out in her hand."
- Four measures from the end, on the word "air," there should not be a decrescendo.
This is Just To Say
- m. 12, in the piano part, in the Right Hand, the last note is a B natural.
- The last "mmm" does not occur in the original poem. It is my addition.