1996 | soprano/piano or mezzo-soprano/piano version; contralto/piano version in progress
Poem by Emily Dickinson
Song 2 of Four Dickinson Songs
Some newer editions may already have these corrections.
- m. 25, in the piano part, the articulation changes in both hands to legato, until new markings in m. 37
- m. 39, in the piano part, the first note in both hands should be accented. Similarly in m. 41.
- m. 55-63, there should be a tempo indication "somewhat freely" as well as the admonition "have fun!"
- m. 61, the piano can roll first with the voice coming in as the piano reaches the top F.
- m. 63, the slight "limp" comes before beat 3.