2008 | 3 lead roles for soprano, tenor and baritone; 3 minor roles for mezzo-soprano, tenor and baritone, small chorus (at least 8), non speaking child’s role and chamber orchestra)
Full length opera in 2 Acts, to libretto by poet David Mason. Approximately 2 hours long, in 2 Acts (6 scenes). For more information and to hear demo tracks, please visit www.scarletletteropera.com
There are several stand-alone arias, which will be published.
- “Beyond All Price” — Hester’s Lullaby (soprano)
- “This Canopy of Trees” — another aria for Hester (soprano)
- “Now Truly Know Me” — Chillingworth’s lament (baritone)
- “Our Nights” — Dimmesdale's aria (tenor)
- “Ye People of New England” — Dimmesdale's confession (tenor)
- “Come To The Devil’s Fire” – the Witch’s aria (mezzo-soprano)
- “Our Eden Here is Love” — Hester and Arthur Dimmesdale's love duet (soprano and tenor duet)
Act I, Scene 2 from the opera will also published separately, as a duet for baritone and soprano.