2000 | countertenor, mezzo-soprano or baritone/piano
Poem by Thomas Lux
Song 3 of Men with Small Heads
Commissioned by Dr. Adelaide Whitaker.
Some newer editions may already have these corrections.
- m. 57 in the voice part, there should not be a decrescendo.
- from the pickup to m. 64 to the pickup to m. 70, it should also read "somewhat freely."
- m. 70 the piano part dynamic should be mf (not mp). In m. 72 the piano part dynamic should be mf or f. In m. 76, there should be an accent on the first piano note.
- m. 81, the indication "gentle" should appear an eighth beat sooner.
- m. 98 -101, there should be a crescendo. "I am very" in m. 100 and 101 should be loud in the voice; the piano part in m. 101 should be mf.
- The dynamics in the last 2 measures should be mf or slightly less in the voice.